Skip to main content

Final Bows

On Sunday, the 4th of June our eldest child graduated from high school.  We are so proud of this kid young man.  The following pics & videos are in chronological order of the graduation ceremony.  Minus my crying that my baby is all grown up.  I'll spare you & all of us that.  You're welcome. ;)


With the first notes of Pomp and Circumstance, echoing through the field house, came the mom water works.  



4 years of choir, not once has he ever been placed so we can see him, without having to move, bend, twist, or reach. LOL

Sorry for the shaky camera work. It's hard to video tape when you are trying to wipe tears & keep mascara from running at the same time.  



^------- Skip to 2:45 to see Kier -------^



And now the after pictures.


Thank God that's over!



 Mommy & Daddy


Best Friends
 Goofy Best Friends


Kier & his lovely girlfriend

We are so proud of you Kieran, our Magna Cum Laude!



Thank you Wilmot for the memories, the lessons, the fun, the chance.  And thank you to all of the teachers, administration, secretaries, & staff for your patience, care, & kindness to our boy.

He can & will Go the Distance!

Love,
The Cowand Family

Popular posts from this blog

The Negative Impact of Censorship on American Public Libraries

     Censorship has been around for as long as humans have been around, it ebbs and flows in an unrelenting stream throughout time and when used judiciously by trained professionals does serve a useful purpose, offering protection from harmful things to those who either cannot or do not know how to protect themselves. This country is currently experiencing an inordinate amount of censorship in American public libraries. This current flow of censorship has been filled with vitriol, and harassment, in the form of book challenges/book banning, proposals of harsh laws that call for punishing librarians and libraries, and outlawing story hours for preschoolers led by drag queens. The books most likely to be banned are those that are written by or for people of color or people in the LGBTQIA+ community, in other words, the most marginalized members of society among us. The amount of higher education required to obtain a degree in library sciences is considerable. To become a librarian, one m

Happy Thanksgiving

Full disclosure, I am sitting in my Christmas jammies, watching Hallmark Christmas movies in bed, while I type.  It is 8pm on Thanksgiving day.  And our Thanksgiving was low key but lovely.  It started with an 18lb bird & the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade & ended with bellies full of an abundance of food.  And of course, I took pictures of the day.  I even had Nolan take a couple pictures of me making *"rotten" eggs.  Generally speaking, I am not a fan of having my picture taken.  But I don't want my kids to look back at photo books after I am gone & never be able to see me in them.   Like I said our day started w/ putting the turkey in the oven & the parade.   Like our barricade?   The barricade has to be erected every time there is major cooking taking place in the kitchen because our Great Dane, Loki, laying on his pillow in the picture below, can reach the countertops w/ ease.  And last year while we were all eating dinner, he helped himself to th

Goodbye Nikki

  It took me a week before I was able to do this post...  Last Thursday at 3pm we had to put our 15+-year-old cocker spaniel, Nikki, to sleep.  Needless to say, it was an incredibly emotional day.   It wasn't a shock to us as she was 15 years old, had severe cataracts, & was deaf.  This summer she started getting really picky about food.  Then she started going to the bathroom in the house fairly regularly so we had to sequester her inside the laundry room, where there is no carpeting.  This fall getting her to eat was becoming more and more difficult, I just knew we were going to lose her.  I kept hoping she would turn around because it's already been a really bad year for loss in this house & honestly I just didn't want to face losing another furry family member. But last week we noticed her left eye was beginning to ooze mucous & we could clean it off but it would crust back over within half an hour. And then she officially stopped eating completely. I called